APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - MELBOURNE BASED
Hi-Tech Metrology is a highly successful Australian company supplying coordinate measuring and 3D scanning systems to a broad range of industries. Our brands include Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Creaform, Leica, PC-DMIS, MicroVu, PolyWorks and other world leading products.
The growing demand for our services has created this hands-on role based in our Melbourne facility. The successful applicant will primarily be providing laboratory based and on-site inspection and scanning services to our customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Executing service contracts involving on-site inspection and reverse engineering utilising our leading-edge equipment
- Providing product demonstrations of hardware and software to prospective customers
- Consulting with customers to determine detailed requirements
- Providing technical support to our customers both on-site and by phone
The successful candidate will possess:
- Qualification in either Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics with a minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong understanding of metrology and its application in manufacturing
- A working knowledge of coordinate measuring equipment
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a close-knit team
- Accurate documentation skills
- Well-developed communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in metrology and point cloud software’s preferred
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD
- Ability to travel
In this role you will utilise a number of leading-edge technologies including Tactile & Vision CMMs, Laser Scanners, Portable Arms, Handheld Scanners, PC-DMIS, InSpec and PolyWorks software to name just a few.
As a valued member of our experienced close-knit team, you will receive a high level of support and be provided with in-depth product specific training. You will be given every opportunity to develop your career whilst taking the initiative and acting incisively for the benefit of the business and our customers.
The rewards for this engaging role include a generous remuneration package consisting of salary, superannuation, car allowance, performance bonuses and other benefits. So, apply now if you have the necessary skills and are ready to join a world-class customer focused organisation that is committed to innovation.
Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org