Field Service Engineer - Melbourne Based
Hi-Tech Metrology is a highly successful Australian company supplying coordinate measuring and 3D scanning systems to a broad range of industries. Our brands include Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Creaform, Leica, PC-DMIS, MicroVu, PolyWorks and other world leading products.
This is a hands-on technical role based in the Melbourne suburb of Hallam where you will be providing on-site installation, calibration and repair services for our range of metrology equipment located throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Calibrate and service our range of Coordinate Measuring Machines.
- Field service, repair work, controller retrofitting and machine installation
- Providing on-site and online technical support to our customers
The successful candidate will possess:
- A high level of commitment to customer satisfaction
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and wiring diagrams
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude, with an ability to diagnose, fault-find, trouble shoot and repair issues on sensitive 3D metrology products.
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing DCC controlled machines and/or electronic industrial systems
- Sound software skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a close-knit team.
- Ability to travel both domestically and overseas
- Experience in a similar service engineer type role
In this role you will be working with a number of world class products including Tactile, Vision and Portable CMMs and Laser Scanners located throughout Australia and New Zealand.
As a valued member of our experienced close-knit team, you will receive a high level of support and be provided with in-depth product specific training. You will be given every opportunity to develop your career whilst taking the initiative and acting incisively for the benefit of the business and our customers.
The rewards for this engaging role include a generous remuneration package consisting of salary, superannuation, car allowance, performance bonuses and other benefits. Apply now if you have the necessary skills and are ready to join a world-class customer focused organisation that is committed to innovation.