With a basic accuracy of 0.6 + L/550 micrometres, the new Leitz PMM-Xi is suitable for calibrating measuring tools and as a reference instrument for the production floor, quality centres and measurement laboratories
Leitz PMM-Xi - Ultra-high precision CMM & gear checker
The Leitz PMM-Xi is a fixed bridge/moving table-type coordinate measuring machine. It combines ultra-high accuracy with outstanding speed, thus ensuring a very high throughput. This coordinate measuring machine is fast, affordable and allows to perform all measuring tasks, even the most complex ones. The Leitz PMM-Xi is also offered as a gear inspection center. It can accommodate maximum outside diameters up to 1550 mm.
The Leitz PMM-Xi line of high-performance CMMs combines ultra-high accuracy with unmatched machine dynamics. This results in extreme short cycle times and therefore very high throughput. Fast data gathering and advanced High-Speed-Scanning further improve the throughput for efficient process control.
The Leitz 3D probe technology with integrated High-Speed-Scanning enables fast collection of large point numbers. Coordinate measuring machines of the Leitz PMM-Xi series are also capable of form inspection.
Measuring machines of the Leitz PMM-Xi series are also used as gear checkers. Fast and precise inspection of any kind of gears up to a diameter of 1550 mm is possible with those machines. Gear cutting tools such as hob cutters, broaches, shaper cutters and shaving gears can also be measured.
Leitz PMM-Xi gear checkers provide several advantages compared to a conventional single purpose gear checker:
- They are much more flexible, as not only gears but any component and any geometry can be measured.
- Leitz gear checkers work without a rotary table, i.e. alignment or centering of the gear is not required.
- Unrivalled throughput by automatically measuring a large number of gears on one pallet
- Complete inspection of gears mounted on long shafts of up to 2400 mm
- Leitz PMM-Xi coordinate measuring machines / gear checkers measure all datums as specified in the drawing, even in large internal gears.