The Leitz SIRIO Xi is the perfect solution for the shop floor. It is able to achieve what is important here: Maximum throughput with high levels of precision. It excels with maximum efficiency and processing speed as well as a forward-looking technological configuration as part of the industry of the future
Optimum Process Control in Series Production
Leitz SIRIO coordinate measuring machines have a long tradition of high-end technology in production metrology. The genes inherited by the youngest member of the SIRIO family have all the ingredients for a special mission: to raise metrology in the manufacturing environment to a new level.
The Leitz SIRIO Xi is the perfect solution for the shop floor. It is able to achieve what is important here: Maximum throughput with high levels of precision. It excels with maximum efficiency and processing speed as well as a forward-looking technological configuration as part of the industry of the future.
In short: The Leitz SIRIO Xi focuses on what is essential in order to provide maximum support for production process control.
Measuring machines from the Leitz SIRIO range are also used as gear inspection centres. All types of gears can be measured very quickly and with a high degree of precision using these machines. Gear cutting tools such as hob cutters, broaches, shaper cutters and shaving gears can also be measured on the Leitz SIRIO Xi.
Using a Leitz SIRIO Xi coordinate measuring machine as a gear checker offers several advantages in comparison with a conventional gear checker:
- There is much more flexibility, as not only gears and cutting tools, but also almost all workpieces and geometries can be measured with great accuracy
- The Leitz gear checker represents maximum throughput with minimal checking costs.
- Complete inspection of gears on long shafts up to 2400 mm
- Leitz SIRIO Xi coordinate measuring machines / gear checkers measure all features and references as specified on the drawing, even in large internal gears
- The Leitz SIRIO Xi is a four-axes gear checker with vertically configured sleeve and infinitely positionable rotary table
- High-resolution steel scales by Heidenhain with automatic temperature compensation
- Power transmission by precision recirculating ball screw drives
- All structural components made of cast iron, no aluminium
- Robust construction and high level of reliability
- Short maintenance times and long maintenance intervals
- High uptimes and low life-cycle costs
- Uncomplicated assembly and short set-up time