InnovMetric releases PolyWorks® 2017
Communicate and review measurement results efficiently
With the new dimensional-control-centric approach in PolyWorks 2017, the PolyWorks|Inspector™ 3D metrology project is the report! By enabling portable metrology and CNC CMM measurement specialists to communicate results directly in 3D, and empowering reviewers to investigate results contextually in 3D with dynamic navigation tools, considerable gains in productivity are guaranteed.
Thanks to the powerful Control Reviewer, complex inspection projects containing hundreds of dimensional and GD&T controls can easily be split into small and logical groups of controls – called control views – with individual dimensional controls tied to specific data alignments and coordinate systems.
The Control Reviewer also allows users to:
- Access a global list of dimensional controls sorted by characteristic index, making it the ideal tool to prepare first-article inspection reports.
- Search, sort, and filter controls to highlight critical results.
- Display control views automatically in 3D with the preferred point of view.
- Generate formatted reports automatically, with individual controls reported within the specified alignment and coordinate system.
- Export controls within the specified alignment and coordinate system.
PolyWorks 2017 meets the requirements of the most demanding large-volume metrology applications by facilitating the execution of large measurement projects that are typical to the aerospace, shipyard, and power generation industries.
A powerful part-alignment technique for large structures
- Align points to geometrical characteristics of matched objects, such as center points, axes, or surfaces.
- Easily match either the measured and nominal components of an object or the components supplied by two distinct objects.
- Control the alignment direction, weight, and participation to the scaling factor computation for each pair of matched geometries.
Concurrent connections to multiple laser trackers
- Predefine and configure a list of trackers.
- Connect to multiple trackers simultaneously, and select one active tracker to measure objects.
- With multiple trackers connected, switch the active tracker instantaneously.
- Guide assembly building through real-time measurements with all connected trackers feeding measured reflector positions to Digital Readouts in parallel.
Additional flexibility for Surface features
- Probe a Surface feature before its nominal component is defined or the part is aligned to CAD.
- Probe measurement points directly within Surface features and obtain significant performance gains when acquiring thousands of surface points.