G4 is a wireless motion tracking system that delivers full 6DOF (6 Degree-Of-Freedom) tracking, providing both position and orientation without hybrid technologies. Allowing the user complete freedom of movement, the entire system can be set up in minutes.
The 6DOF compact, three-sensor wireless tracker for complete freedom of movement
G4 is a wireless motion tracking system that delivers full 6DOF (6 Degree-Of-Freedom) tracking, providing both position and orientation without hybrid technologies. Allowing the user complete freedom of movement, the entire system can be set up in minutes. As with all Polhemus tracking systems, G4 utilizes our proprietary AC electromagnetic technology. This means G4 tracks through most walls, as no line-of-sight is required for continuous tracking. Key features are highlighted below, see the G4 brochure for a complete description and product specifications. Watch the G4 product video to get a full overview of its capabilities.
Add the PowerTRAK 360™ for a 3D handheld remote that delivers an unmatched level of superior tracking and precision accuracy. Download the G4 white paper for a more in-depth, technical explanation of G4.
- Wireless TrackingTetherless tracking utilizes a wireless data transmitting system. Position and Orientation is sent wirelessly to the PC via RF links. Our proprietary technology tracks through walls—and people.
- 10+ Hours of Battery Life Track in the field or in the lab all day, without having to start and stop because of battery life. The long-life battery is easily recharged via the wall charger.
- PortabilityThe G4 system is compact and portable, and the system electronics unit (hub) can be belt worn. This allows you to change or move your tracking environment quickly.
- Auto Tracking RecognitionThe G4 system has auto tracking capability, meaning G4 will re-acquire the signal as a tracked subject walks back into the field of tracking range.
- ScalableThe standard G4 system includes one hub, one source and one sensor. One of the most impressive features of G4 is the product can be scaled up to continue to meet your needs as they evolve. As your applications change or expand, you can add components to increase G4's capabilities. If you need to increase the number of people or objects being tracked, you can add up to nine hubs; increase the field of range by adding up to eight sources.